Heat networks are complex to design and run. They come with a raft of legal administrative duties. Especially since the advent of the Heat Networks (Metering and Billing) Regulations. Managing Agents handle this responsibility on behalf of property owners.
With existing buildings, heat networks inevitably have legacy issues, not least where the terms of the typical lease contradict the new Heat Regulations. New developments provide a superb opportunity to create the ideal heat network set-up from the outset. One that satisfies all stakeholders and ensures a better experience for
lessees/residents and greater value for developers and owners.
Data Energy offers support throughout the heat network life cycle, in order to achieve the ideal heat network.
The perfect heat and hot water system
Data Energy, has practical experience as a Heat Network Operator across many schemes. Our expertise at critical points in the heat network life cycle will help you to avoid many pitfalls and enjoy an effective heat network.
The ideal heat network boasts these features:
- Correct sizing of the plant and distribution system to consistently meet demand.
- High energy efficiency levels so heat isn’t lost resulting in lower unit rate costs.
- Correct maintenance with plant run at optimum manufacturer/designer levels.
- Correct handover documentation from the Developer to the Managing Agent.
- Managing and maintaining a billing platform that includes metering.
- Keeping the administration costs of heat billing to a minimum.
- Charging for the heat supplied and avoiding credit risk.
- Delivering value and complete reliability for the end user.