Mobile Energy Engineer or Trainee Role
Job Title: Mobile Energy Engineer or Trainee Role
Hours: 8am – 5pm
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Location: Bishop Stortford Head Office and Remote UK
Salary: £18 – £25k depending on experience
Job Type: Permanent, full time
- We offer a competitive salary £18k to £25k dependent on experience
- Fully equipped van less than 3 years old
- Uniform, phone, tablet, fuel card, parking credit card
- Child care voucher scheme
- Auto enrolment pension
- Holiday entitlement: 25 days plus Bank Holidays
- Xmas bonus, loyalty bonus, incentive bonuses
- Training and development
- Sickness insurance 50% non-contributory which covers 50% of wages after 7 day deferment, or a 1% contribution to cover 100% of wages after 7 day deferment
You will need some electrical experience/knowledge/qualifications, plus have a full clean driving licence, and be located within 10 miles of our office near Stansted.
This is a key role where you will be trained to attend site to review the arrangements that are in place for the metering gas, electricity and heat reporting back your findings. In addition, it also requires you to champion customer service and provide an effective and responsive approach in order to meet the Clients expectations and needs.
You will also be expected to travel throughout the UK undertaking site surveys and visits, this will involve a considerable amount of driving and the possibility of being away from home for several days at a time. It is intended through careful planning that excessive retracing of tracks and repeated crossovers will be avoided. You will be expected to look at planning to achieve the most efficient use of time and minimise the time spent travelling
Flexibility is essential to delivery of the role.
Tasks and Activities
This role will be very varied at times as the company looks to explore new avenues of opportunity. Initially though the role will be that of undertaking site visits and audits of the site metering arrangement and returning these to Head Office for processing. This is a key role to the company and you will receive training in order to develop your skills to enable you to carry out tasks and activities such as those detailed below (this is not an exhaustive list)
- Understanding different types of metering equipment, tracing of supply points, metering Query Resolution
- Liaising with utility companies to verify supply points
- Meeting with client representatives
- Meter Reading, cataloguing, photographing, recording of serial numbers, locations and readings.
- Transferring data and reporting back to the office as required.
- Tracing and identifying “lost” supplies and reporting back to the office
- Understanding of wired and wireless mbus networks
- Commissioning of automatic meter reading systems (AMR) and data loggers
Maths/English GCSE or equivalent.
General SKILLS/ KNOWLEDGE
Excellent organisational skills
Ability to multi task in high pressured environment
Good numeracy/literacy skills/Good communication skills
Good people skills./Ability to work within a Team.
Knowledge of maintenance IT software systems. (PDA) or similar.
Good general IT skills (Microsoft Excel/Word/Outlook)
Previous experience with;
Electricity & Gas Metering – desirable
Automatic metering systems (AMR) – desirable
Communal / District Heating Systems – desirable
Internet protocols / broadband, wired and wireless computer networking – desirable
Previous experience within building services company- desirable
Building Management Systems – desirable
Heat metering – desirable
Heat Interface Units – desirable
Mbus / data cabling networks- desirable
Excellent customer service ethos, thrives under pressure, self-starter/pro-active
Keen to learn and develop self, Flexible, positive/enthusiastic, cheerful
Good attention to detail, conscientious, a “people person”/people orientated
Good at problem solving, logical, ability to handle difficult people/situations
For a full job description or further information please contact Sara Ellis PA/Group HR 01279 810101, alternatively please send your CV to SaraE@dataenergy.co.uk